365 Days of Chicago

"Welcome to my blog. This blog is an attempt to live life to its fullest by capturing the essence of day-to-day life in words and pictures. I am trying to post a picture a day of Windy City, Chicago and write about books, ideas, art, and everything else I feel interesting!"

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 206 : House Finch

I was surprised to see a red sparrow in early spring, for the first time here in Chicago. The red sparrow eluded me for many days, but I finally got a shot. But as I did some research, I found out that it is not a sparrow, but a House Finch (Carpodacus mexicanus) which looks like a Sparrow and even competes with it for food and space. The House Finch I saw was pretty friendly with the Sparrows and I wondered if they even knew they were different?! For more details on the bird, check here. Here is the picture of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment