365 Days of Chicago

"Welcome to my blog. This blog is an attempt to live life to its fullest by capturing the essence of day-to-day life in words and pictures. I am trying to post a picture a day of Windy City, Chicago and write about books, ideas, art, and everything else I feel interesting!"

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 231 : New Bride's Palm

I had to take a break of one week as my sister got married on June 12, 2011. The bride and groom looked as radiant as the full moon and as happy as any two people in love can be. I will carry forward the 365 days challenge again and hope my regular readers will forgive this week's no posting. My sister looked so happy and she smiled like never before. Mehendi is a traditional art made on palms and foot to make a bride look more beautiful. The leaves are churned soft and applied in different designs and left to dry. The skin turns orange where the leaves stand, giving a beautiful tinge of orange to the skin for a few days. The temporary tattoo is fun to adorn, be it a marriage or a regular day. My sister's mehendi looked fabulous and I had to take a picture for my blog. Here is the picture of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment