365 Days of Chicago

"Welcome to my blog. This blog is an attempt to live life to its fullest by capturing the essence of day-to-day life in words and pictures. I am trying to post a picture a day of Windy City, Chicago and write about books, ideas, art, and everything else I feel interesting!"

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 3 : Autumn

Autumn for me symbolizes both beauty and harbinger of winter, however I love it for the simple reason of the riot of colors the season brings with it. In India, we do not have Spring and Autumn and thus the enthusiasm. The word 'Autumn' originated in French and was not used until 16th century. The season was called 'Harvest' before that as farming was the most common occupation. As most of the pictures I post would be based on Autumn, I decided to take a picture that represents 'Autumn' or the 'Fall.' So here is the picture of the day:
'Autumn Leaf'
The yellow leaf with reddened tips on the backdrop of the green Balsam Fir felt like a perfect way ti symbolize Autumn. It is still windy and the temperatures have dropped to 46 F degrees and yet there were remnants of the summer with red berries hanging on to leafless branches:
'Remnants of Summer'
Oh... those berries look delicious, but they are sour...believe me, I tasted them ;). I am planning a color concept soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment