365 Days of Chicago

"Welcome to my blog. This blog is an attempt to live life to its fullest by capturing the essence of day-to-day life in words and pictures. I am trying to post a picture a day of Windy City, Chicago and write about books, ideas, art, and everything else I feel interesting!"

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 186 : Yellow Brick Road

Today I had the best adventure of my life! I rode through the Des Plaines River Trail through the woods. It may seem a very routine task to the Americans, but in India, one is never really alone. It is completely exhilarating to find yourself completely alone in the woods and get in touch with nature. The trail was maintained so well that I wondered what a good job the county had done. The mud trail was perfectly maintained, straw was spread on either side of the trail to keep the trail intact, and rotten trees were cut down for the bikers to be safe. The Yellow Straw on either side of the road looked like the Yellow Brick Road in the "The Wizard of Oz". Here is the picture of the day:

2 comments: