365 Days of Chicago

"Welcome to my blog. This blog is an attempt to live life to its fullest by capturing the essence of day-to-day life in words and pictures. I am trying to post a picture a day of Windy City, Chicago and write about books, ideas, art, and everything else I feel interesting!"

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 103 : Sweet Sunshine

With the snow binding my wings for over 2 months, I wish for the sun to emerge with all its might that would melt away all the snow. Coming from India with plenty of sunshine, I wish for the warm sunshine that awakens the flowers from their peaceful slumber. This Oriental Paper Bush (Edgeworthia chrysantha) reminded me of the sunshine in India. This flower reminded me of the ever faithful Sunflower. Originally found in Himalayas, this Paper Bush blooms with fragrant yellow florets, while its branches are used in prepare fiber for commercial purposes. Heres for sunshine, warm and bright:


No comments:

Post a Comment