365 Days of Chicago

"Welcome to my blog. This blog is an attempt to live life to its fullest by capturing the essence of day-to-day life in words and pictures. I am trying to post a picture a day of Windy City, Chicago and write about books, ideas, art, and everything else I feel interesting!"

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 76 : Dun Che Lao Ren

I love the Chinese Santa Claus or Dun Che Lao Ren with his red silk robe, green parasol, Kite, and paper lanterns on the Christmas tree or "trees of light." Christmas in China is called Sheng Dan Jieh, which means the “Holy Birth Festival.”  The Chinese light their homes with beautiful paper lanterns and decorate Christmas trees with paper ornaments. Here is the picture of the day:

2 comments:

  1. where can I find this photo to purchase or use on our facebook page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took this picture. I can send you a digital copy if you like. If still interested, you can mail me to smilymanu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete