365 Days of Chicago

"Welcome to my blog. This blog is an attempt to live life to its fullest by capturing the essence of day-to-day life in words and pictures. I am trying to post a picture a day of Windy City, Chicago and write about books, ideas, art, and everything else I feel interesting!"

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 68 : Poinsetta Hanging

Poinsettia (Euphorbia pulcherrima) brings with it the spirit of holiday season and apart from the snow, I think Poinsettias are the real harbingers of Christmas. The interesting thing about the Poinsettia is that they are not really flowers, they are technically 'bracts' or modified leaves. This ball of Poinsettias was hanging, just in like the Hanging Neoregelia in my earlier post. This ball of Poinsettias was also lit with red lights that made it look like a mirror ball in the middle of the dance floor. Here is the picture of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment