365 Days of Chicago

"Welcome to my blog. This blog is an attempt to live life to its fullest by capturing the essence of day-to-day life in words and pictures. I am trying to post a picture a day of Windy City, Chicago and write about books, ideas, art, and everything else I feel interesting!"

Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 55 : Dancing Doll Orchid

Orchids are the most exquisite flowers in this world. Though the basic flower pattern remains the same, the shape, size, position of the petals vary so much that each orchid is completely unique in its own away. Orchids have always fascinated me and I know that I will have a Green Room full of exotic orchids. Today I am posting the picture of the yellow Oncidium flexuosum or the "Dancing Doll Orchid." You can see in the picture why the orchid gets Dancing Doll name :). Here is the picture of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment