365 Days of Chicago

"Welcome to my blog. This blog is an attempt to live life to its fullest by capturing the essence of day-to-day life in words and pictures. I am trying to post a picture a day of Windy City, Chicago and write about books, ideas, art, and everything else I feel interesting!"

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 60 : Happy Christmas

Happy Christmas to you!! It has been a surprisingly beautiful snowy Christmas today. For the first time, I saw snow that fell like little snow balls rather than snow flakes. I had celebrated Christmas with my Husband in Schiller's Forest Preserve taking a walk through the woods that was covered in snow.

Today is the last day of the Flower theme. Plants generally attract bees through colorful flowers to spread their pollen. Some plants are smarter than others, they make beautiful flowers in tantalizing colors and tie them in a bunch like bouquets!! When you see such beautiful bunches of flowers, you realize how plants have evolved over the millions of years. These flowers make me realize that strength can lie even in delicate beauty. I photographed pictures of all the flowers in this week's theme in Chicago Botanical Gardens. Here is the picture of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment