365 Days of Chicago

"Welcome to my blog. This blog is an attempt to live life to its fullest by capturing the essence of day-to-day life in words and pictures. I am trying to post a picture a day of Windy City, Chicago and write about books, ideas, art, and everything else I feel interesting!"

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 29 : The Mighty Bison

When I was a kid, my dad bought me a picture book on Animals in North America. The book fascinated me and opened the doors for a whole new world. The mighty Bison was the one of those animals and I could not imagine how enchanted these animals really are. A Bison is 2200 pounds of brute force, yet a gentle giant that once roamed freely in America. It was hunted to near extinction. I thought its extinction would put the animal in protective status, but I saw bison meat sold in one of the superstores. My heart goes out for this family guy, who protects his family as ferociously as any human ever could. I took this picture in Memphis; I thought would be part of the animal week:
'The Mighty Bison'

No comments:

Post a Comment