365 Days of Chicago

"Welcome to my blog. This blog is an attempt to live life to its fullest by capturing the essence of day-to-day life in words and pictures. I am trying to post a picture a day of Windy City, Chicago and write about books, ideas, art, and everything else I feel interesting!"

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 19 : Yellow Veil

I had a real good day today as I found a beautiful spot to take pictures. It is the Wildwood Nature Center in Parkridge, IL. I saw how beautiful the place was even as the winter was beginning and wondered how it would look in Summer. I found it yesterday as we hunted for the lake that seemed to be a private one. We stumbled on to this place, which seemed to look pretty ordinary at the entrance except for the wood sign stating Wildwood Nature Center. It was very cold outside and my hands were shaking as I pushed the camera's button. But the place was so peaceful as the willow tree branches swayed in that nose-biting chilly wind. So I decided that this week would be the theme of Wildwood Nature Center. As I saw these three reddish brown trees through the yellow leaves of the willow tree, I felt they were hiding behind an yellow veil. Here is the picture of the day:
'Yellow Veil'

No comments:

Post a Comment