365 Days of Chicago

"Welcome to my blog. This blog is an attempt to live life to its fullest by capturing the essence of day-to-day life in words and pictures. I am trying to post a picture a day of Windy City, Chicago and write about books, ideas, art, and everything else I feel interesting!"

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 11 : Noodle Diwali

There is nothing like celebrating a festival with family and friends. This was something I took granted for in India. Last year, it was just my husband and me and we could not really celebrate Diwali. But this year, we celebrated Diwali with friends in Inchin's Bamboo Garden with noodles and cake. It was so good that we felt we were with family, and I was not homesick anymore. The food was great, so was a friend's idea of bringing a Turtle cake along to celebrate the event.

Diwali is one of the most beautiful festivals, especially because it is a festival of lights. I lighted some colorful tea lamps to celebrate the festival. The little lights looked so beautiful when they were battling with the cold winter wind. Here is the picture of the day:
'Battle with Wind'

No comments:

Post a Comment